Thursday, December 1, 2011

Something Old, Something New...


There's a phenomenon in life that occurs when something unexpected rises up, and a person watches as their life moves from one path onto a completely different path. I experienced this first hand three years ago when I met my fiance, Eric. Before that evening, I had always thought that I would be a "career woman"- I would focus on school, only date a little, and go on to medical school. I didn't want to marry until my 30's; I wanted a closet full of designer shoes, not men's shirts and ties. But from the moment I met Eric, I realized that something would change. And looking back now, I am still blown away by how all it took was one night to bring me a completely different path.


But why am I telling you this? Well, because, my blog (as well as myself) has undergone a change like that. Now that the semester is out, I have been dedicating the past couple days to wedding planning, and I've began to realize that I really love it! I'm quickly learning that it is a huge passion of mine, and I just cannot get it off of my mind. It's become such a passion of mine, that I've actually begun to consider a career in wedding planning once I've graduated or one in wedding photography. I cannot imagine anything that would make me happier than to spend every day planning or photographing weddings.

Likewise, I want to blog about it. All the time. While I had originally created this blog to be a resource for the domestic goddess, I now see this blog taking a new direction- into a resource for future domestic goddess. I've always loved wedding blogs as a source of inspiration and loveliness, but now I can see that what they inspired most was my own desire for a wedding blog.  Photos, trends, suggestions- I want to blog about it all! I want to blog about anything and everything from the time he gets on one knee to the time she says "I do".

So, then, meet the new Modern Charms- a blog dedicated to one of the loveliest events on Earth: the wedding of two wonderful people in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment